Mind maps are a great tool for not only organizing your arguments and ideas for a paper or presentation, but also for organizing information you need to know as a way to study for an exam. Consider mind maps as a way to neatly and visually organize all the information you need or want on topics. Coggle is a free website where this can be done. Here are the benefits of using this platform:
- it’s always free
- do real-time collaboration on a project with a partner or group. Partners can comment and chat. Track changes are available (like Google Docs)
- upload PDFs or images to include in your mind map
- it’s user friendly. You don’t have to know complicated features to use it or to create stunning visual mind maps
- download the mind maps for studying later, or include in a paper, or print out for presentations
- easily share your mind map with others
Check out these sample Coggle mind maps!
For more information or practice on how to use it, come into the Weingarten Learning and Resources Center anytime!
Staff Writer: Victoria Gill