As you begin or return to your journey as a PENN student in the Fall of the academic year 2017-18, you are asked to embrace the call of innovation. The Office of the Provost of the University of Pennsylvania has announced the Provost’s Academic Theme for the Year 2017-18 as the Year of Innovation:
At WLRC, we invite you to join us in reflecting upon the following guiding questions:
- Who am I as a learner?
- How do I learn optimally?
- How do I learn differently?
- What are my assets as learner?
- What are my goals as learner?
- What are my learning supports and resources?
- What will I try anew in 2017-18?
- What will I do differently?
- How can I innovate my learning?
- How will I kick off my learning trajectory this Fall?
To get you started, we have some ideas and resources to help you optimize and innovate your learning and sustain academic wellness:
- Come see us at the Weingarten Learning Resources Center. We’re conveniently located at Stouffer Commons, behind the Wawa on 38th and Spruce. Click here for Location and Hours.
- Walk-In or make an Individual Appointment with one of our Learning Consultants by calling 215-573-9235.
- Sign-up for some of our Fall Workshops for all students, including time management, reading and writing strategies and exam preparation. Other tailored workshops, include:
- Come by WLRC and pick up our handy Semester Calendars. Also, go to our website and explore our other Useful Tools & Information.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor, especially if you plan on dropping or changing any of your registered courses in the Fall.
- Explore and discover the other VPUL (Vice Provost for University Life) resources:
- Above all, innovation is a central aspect of Penn’s history and identity: founded by Benjamin Franklin, one of history’s great innovators, Penn was designed from the outset to be different from other schools of its day and now includes innovation as a core principle of the Penn Compact 2020.