Happy New Year and Welcome Back to Spring 2019, PENN Students!
At the Weingarten Learning Resources Center, we hope you had a good Winter Break and opportunities to reflect, relax and recharge for an exciting Spring 2019 semester! You should be proud of your efforts in the Fall of 2018. As we begin the new semester, there is already much to look forward to in the coming months. We would like to share some resources to help you hit the ground running in 2019 in addition to a number of exciting campus-wide programs! To get you started, we have some ideas and resources to help you optimize your learning:
- Come see us at the Weingarten Learning Resources Center. We’re conveniently located at Stouffer Commons, behind the Wawa on 38th and Spruce. Click here for Location and Hours.
- Walk-In or make an Individual Appointment with one of our Learning Consultants by calling 215-573-9235.
- A great first semester consultation might be to collaboratively and strategically plan your Weekly Semester Calendar:
- Come by WLRC and pick up our handy Semester Calendars. Also, go to our website and explore our other Useful Tools & Information.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor, especially if you plan on dropping or changing any of your registered courses in the Spring.
- Sign-up for some of our Spring Workshops for all students, including time management, reading and writing strategies and exam preparation. Other tailored workshops, include:
- Participate in the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Commemorative Symposium on Social Change, January 21 thru February 1, 2019.
- Checkout their Calendar of MLK Events, select any number of those that are of interest to you and/or work with your schedule. Events are easily transferrable to Google Calendar.
- Explore and discover other VPUL (Vice Provost for University Life) resources:
- For other helpful strategies and tools for kicking-off your Spring semester well, see our other blogs:
- Study Strategies: Welcome to Fall 2017-18 Penn Students! by Staff Writer, Min Derry, Learning Instructor
- Starting Spring Semester Off Strong!, by Staff Writer, Kelcey Grogan, Learning Instructor
- Time Management: Schedule Your Semester to Ensure Success!, by Staff Writer, Kelcey Grogan, Learning Instructor
By Staff Writer: Min Derry, Learning Fellow