Tired of typing papers? Or maybe you’re just really not feeling like typing and want to dictate your notes, thoughts, or next assignment? If you have a Mac, use these simple 8 steps to get the dictation on your computer working instead of paying loads of money for the Dragon software or other apps:
1. Go to the apple menu
2. Click on system preferences
3. Towards the bottom, click on “Dictation & Speech”
4. Click “on”
5. Then click “Use Enhanced Dictation”
6. Let the “enhanced” version download really quick. Should be less than 3-5 minutes depending how good your internet connection is.
7. You can use this feature in Word Documents or even in other note-taking applications like Evernote!
8. Press the “fn” (function) key twice to activate! Let the paper writing begin!
Staff Writer: Victoria Rodriguez